Jessie Daniels and Polly Thistlethwaite. Bristol, UK: Policy Press, 2016.
What opportunities do digital technologies present scholars? How do developments in digital media support scholarship and teaching, and how can academics apply them to further social justice activism? The authors, a sociologist and a librarian, examine scholarly practice in the digital era to explore how academics, journalists, and activists can combine efforts to support social justice issues. With scholarly communication undergoing rapid change, and with digital innovation applied in higher education for many reasons, authors outline what scholars can do to channel their work to benefit the public good.
- container titleBeing a Scholar in the Digital Era
- isbn9781447332572 1447332571
- original publisherPolicy Press
- original publisher placeBristol, UK
- publisherGraduate Center, CUNY
- publisher placeNew York, NY
- rightsBy agreement with the Policy Press, authors exercise a non-exclusive right to distribute the ePub version of this text beginning two years following initial publication in December 2016.
- rights holderJessie Daniels, Polly Thistlethwaite, Policy Press
- rights territoryUS, UK