This Starter Kit Workbook has been designed to accompany and supplement the OER Starter Kit, which equips instructors with the skills they need to confidently find, use, or even create open educational resources (OER). To do this, the book has been broken up into five major sections covering important aspects of working with OER:
- Getting Started
- Finding OER
- Teaching with OER
- Creating OER
In each chapter, learning objectives are provided to explain what the reader will learn and, in many cases, interactive exercises and examples are available as well. Worksheets are included in each chapter and as downloads in Google Docs for editing, adapting, and remixing.
The goals of this workbook are to:
- Provide space for reflection
- Practice writing for the web
- Planning guide for developing/adopting an OER
There are a number of ways to interact with this workbook:
- Read and annotate privately, in groups, or publicly in Manifold
- Make a digital copy and interact in Google Drive
- Download and print the activity worksheets to complete individually or in a group
To use the worksheets, please download the documents or select File → Make a Copy in the top menu to access an editable version.
Feel free to share back and let us know how you are using these worksheets or send us any that you would want to add. Use the hashtag #StartOER to keep the conversation going on Twitter.